Monday, June 13, 2011

Monday is Monday...

Monday seems to always be the start of a new week with new goals.  Mine started with not being able to get out of the bed.  I was just so sleepy after a hard workout the night before.  But I am thankful that I am on a new track to getting some of this weight off.  Some people are like oh, you don't need to lose weight.  Well, I kind of do.  I carry it in my face and I can see it in my pictures.  This is not how I want to look when I attend nationals and definitely not how I want to keep looking being in the public eye.

I have been drinking 5 bottles of water a day for the past two weeks.  I do feel better and have found myself having it easier to have them all down before the end of the work day.  Now some of you may think, that is an awful lot of water... Isn't there a such thing as too much water?  Well, yes there is but 5 bottles or even a gallon of water is not too much for the body to handle in one day.  Now there would be a problem if you didn't go to the bathroom.  But water is natural to the body and necessary for the wellness of your body and its processes.  Believe me when I say, water is one of the best things you can do for your body.  They say if you take your weight, divide it in half, then that is how many ounces of water you should drink a day.  Try it... take out the soda and the sugary drinks and you will notice a difference in yourself and in your weight. Side note: Do not do this if you can't access a bathroom easily, you will go a lot!

I am thankful that the days are becoming warmer and there is more sunlight.  Today I woke up and felt ok.  It wasn't a depressing Monday.  I had enough stuff to do to get me through work and besides being sleepy my mood was great.  A tough weekend is coming up and as much as I hate Mondays, as we all do, I wouldn't mind if this week didn't go by so fast.  I think I handled Memorial Day ok, and I hope that Father's Day will be okay.  People are talking about what to get their dads, spending time with their dads, having daddy daughter/son time, and fliers in the newspapers and the internet ads are going crazy right now.  It's not the fact that me and my daddy spent father's day together, it just hurts that I don't have access to him or even have the option to think about it.  Mama has played that role for a long time, but being away from home I don't have that family option.  For those of you who have lost parents young and old, you can kind of relate.  Cymbalta and Trazodone will be doing their job overtime this week and into the weekend.

This Monday was exciting at mid day.  I have officially received the actual Ms. Coed Crown!!! The state one, not the national crown, that is my next goal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment