Saturday, June 11, 2011

June 11, 2011 Go Riverbandits!!

Today really is a big day for me.  It is my first appearance as Ms. Iowa American Coed 2011.  Tonight I will be throwing out the first pitch for the Quad Cities Riverbandits.  These are very fun appearances.  Too bad I won't have my official Iowa American Coed crown and banner...  So I have toyed with the thought of wearing just the crown with my Miss Midwest Glam title I had for 2010, or do I just wear a crown pin0.  Decisions decisions... I am sure I will figure it out. 

Then there is the second task.  I know by throwing first pitch for the Lexington Legends how difficult it was to find the "perfect" outfit for this type of appearance.  At sports appearances it is kind of hard.  Do you go with something sporty?  Heels or no heel? Casual? sundress?  Sometimes I make this way too hard, lol  But that comes with the territory of being a queen.  I feel like maybe I should have a personal assistant to help me with these types of deals, but hey, I can handle this title on my own.  I always have when it has come to my titles...

I am truely excited and nervous at the same time.  This will be my first introduction to the community.  I hope that I get good reception and will be able to gain the support for my platforms.  Tonight I will be standing for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  I have a lil under 200 red rubber Leukemia Awareness bracelets that I will be selling for $1 with all proceeds going to LLS.  I really hope that I can sell every single one of them.  There are supposed to be a lot of people there tonight, including people from work, friends, and the ladies of the MJL foundation.  I am excited to come back to throw the first pitch in August or September for their cause.  It makes me feel really good to do great things for my community no matter if I am a native or not.

So come one and come all to watch your Ms. Iowa American Coed 2011 throw out the first pitch for the Quad Cities River Bandits!!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Those appearances always look like fun, but I'm a sports fanatic. Maybe you should dress up one of their team shirts? I don't know what you wear, but I'm sure you'll look great. Remember to post pictures!!

    ReplyDelete