Saturday, August 27, 2011

Isolation

"Isolation is your comfort zone but sometimes you have to move outside of your comfort zone to be happy too."

Someone gave me this advice today and I already knew this, but had not actually heard anyone say it or confirm with myself out loud.  I thought about this after I had a talk with my mental health doc yesterday when she was asking me some questions and asked if I have isolated myself.  I have to be honest, I have.  It's what I do best.  It's where I am comfortable because I can get away and go about life in "my world" with nobody to disturb me as I dig deep to figure out things. 

Prime example of that quote.... I came here to the Quad Cities to get away and start new because I had been so engulfed in my depression.  I knew the best thing for me was isolation whether it was to move or possibly be checked in somewhere.  When I isolate myself, I don't have to worry about the who, what, where, when, why.  If people want to be negative and not even try to understand, it is just better for me to remove myself from negative situations.  People may think that isolation is a bad thing or that it would only make things worse.  Sometimes it does, and sometimes it is for the better.  For me, it got worse before it got better and I am happy now.  Even the people that tried, and I say TRIED to break me when I was still pretty new here didn't.  I went on about my business and do the things I already knew how to do best and I removed the negativity in my life.  When you surround yourself with people who are full of drama, negativity, and always want to have their nose where it shouldn't belong and tend to want to gossip all the time, you do really breathe easier and your life is so much better.  Don't take isolation as a sign of weakness, it is merely just a way of putting yourself in a positive light.  In my world, I can sit back and watch and learn.  I have learned a lot and have become even stronger.

When I come out into the world, I tend to make it a positive day every day.  I enjoy getting out in my community and stepping outside of this "isolation" at times.  It gives me a chance to show the world what I have been working on and where I am going with my positive perspective.  When people see me out, they always make comments that it is good to see me out or it was nice talking to ya.  I enjoy that.  Tonight when I step out on the field and out in the community I want people to remember me as being a positive person out in the community that has no other motive than to make a difference without the drama and negativity surrounding it.

So yes, Isolation has become my comfort zone and I am happy there, but I am also truly happy when I share my knowledge and talents with the rest of the world when I come out.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment