Saturday, August 13, 2011

Bucket List

At the beginning of this year I told myself that my life needed to be different.  I had goals and things I wanted to do but never really worked towards them all.  I really felt like I was just going through the motions in life and not really doing anything.  Sure, I went to school, graduated, held a few titles, worked in the community through my platforms, had my dogs, a boyfriend, had a joh in my career, but I still felt like something was missing.  For some people they think it is the point where they start a family and move on in life.  For me, there is just so much I want to do before I start a family and settle down.  I feel like I have not been too many places or experienced enough of the "good life" to be able to say okay, I am ready.  I encourage anyone to sit down and think about the things they really want to experience and do in life.  For me, life has just begun!!  I am going to share a few of the items that I have on my bucket list.

1. Visit Augsburg, Germany.-My parents were in the military and this is where I was born.  Many people have a sense of what it feels like to be able to visit or be in the place where they were born.  I don't know what that feels like and I think it would be interesting to visit another country overseas.  I don't want to go by myself though, I would love for me and my mom to go and visit together.  She could be my tour guide and tell me stories about different places and things that happened while we were there or when she was in the military.

2.  Win a national title- I have held a few state titles and have had the chance to compete for a national title on it least 3 occasions, but I want to actually be able to win a national title.  My platforms right now are mental health awareness and Leukemia and Lymphoma Awareness.  I would very much like to use a national title to do more with these platforms to raise money and awareness and be able to travel the U.S. promoting these.  Just once I want to know what it is like to be crowned on a national stage before a large audience.  I have never wanted anything more I feel like.  I just want to be heard and prove that out of any situation or lemons that life throws out you, that you can go on to do great things and for me the greatest thing would be a national title. (I plan to retire after the Ms. American Coed Pageant so I hope this is my year)

3.  Go to an NFL game.  I love to watch football.  I am more of a college sports gal but I have already experienced being at a UK football game and there is nothing like the excitement of UK fans during season.  So I would like to take it to a bigger scale and go to an NFL game.  Not sure who I would like to see yet, as I don't have a specific team that is my number one. Maybe Cowboys or Steelers? Afterall, my mom's family is from PA. Or maybe a Packers game, they are pretty close to me right now, well not super close but close enough.  We shall see

4.  Go to L.A. and experience Hollywood Blvd.  I have never been to California and I would very much like to sight see and maybe experience the night life in L.A.  I always see Hollywood on T.V. and well, I just want to go there.  Take pictures of some stars on the blvd. I do have some favorite actors and things I would like to take pics fo their stars.  Maybe even meet a few celebs.  Who knows!!

5.  Go to Hawaii.  It is so beautiful there! I want to see the islands, have pina coladas on the beach, and be leid as I get off the airplane.  That would be awesome to be able to do a photoshoot there.  I have never been to an island resort.  Maybe one day when I get married I can go here for a honey moon spot.  This is definitely a place I would like to experience.

6.  Meet President Barak Obama.  I don't know about you, but I was quite emotionally drawn to the television when I got to experience history of the first black president.  His personality seems down to earth and he seems like a great person to meet.  Meeting the first black president and taking a photo would be something I would love to do.  A little piece of history for myself.  Maybe he is not well liked or people don't think he is doing a good job in office but I love the fact that he has opened the eyes of many who thought it would never happen and given hope to those who think they can't.

Those are just a few things on my bucket list.  There are many places I would like to visit and people I want to see.  Maybe I will be able to blog one day about my experience of completing some of these items.  What is on your bucket list???

No comments:

Post a Comment