Monday, August 15, 2011

A cure for Leukemia???

I couldn't believe it myself.  No, there is not a definite cure for all forms of Leukemia, but it is definite hope for a start on curing the common one found in adults who are diagnosed.  Too many times we say "one day there will be a cure" and I am going to be honest... I never thought that "one day" would ever come close or EVER happen.  In fact, it hasn't really happened, but I do have a new hope.  I am looking forward to the next updates in this developing study.  I want this so bad for all those out there who are suffering from this disease, the families who are touched by loved ones with this disease, and the ones who have been diagnosed and have been told they have only a certain time period to live.  I do wish deep down this would have happened sooner and the funds would have been there for more people to experience this study so that my daddy may have had a chance to receive this, but, it does not always happen like that.  I heart is full of joy for this hope.  This is the biggest breakthrough in this research in decades!

What is even more joyful to me is that the chapter for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society that I work with here in Iowa helps fund this Dr. Carl June.  The money that I raise will go to this doctor which means that we are one of those steps in helping him to work diligently to research and study for this cure.  I don't know about any one else out there who has been touched by someone with Leukemia or has it themselves, but I plan on contacting this doctor personally with a card to let him know that his work is tremendous and to keep on striving because the world is behind him!  Sometimes no matter how great something is there is always a lot of stress and sometimes you just need a little word of encouragement to make it all worth while.  Maybe my card will get lost, maybe it will go through the millions of other pieces of mail and not make it to his desk for personal reading, or just maybe... it will make his day and he will smile to know that someone out there is wishing him well on his journey and took time out of their day to do so.

So on behalf myself and all chapters across the U.S. for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Dr. June, we appreciate you and all of your work!!

If you have not had the chance to hear the news or read the article, please feel free to read from the link below...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44090512/ns/health-cancer/t/new-leukemia-treatment-exceeds-wildest-expectations/

No comments:

Post a Comment